To register to vote, you can stop by the Clerk’s office to complete the form, or register electronically via Vermont’s Online Voter Registration System, or you can register to vote election day.
Absentee Ballot Information:
For Elections with absentee ballots, they can be obtained by the following methods. You must request ballots every calendar year. You can request ballots for yourself and/or for another Coventry registered voter.
- PHONE: Telephone request to the Coventry Clerk’s office at 802-754-2288 to receive an absentee ballot by mail. It is recommended you make a request for a mailed ballot at least a week before the election to allow enough time for the ballot to travel through the mail to and from you.
- EMAIL: Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your mailing address.
- MAIL: To request an absentee ballot by mail, send your written request to the Coventry Town Clerk’s Office, P.O. Box 8, Coventry, VT 05825.
- IN PERSON: To vote early in person or pick up an absentee ballot, please stop by the Town Clerk’s office. Office hours are Monday and Thursday from 8:00 am – 3:00 pm. ** Please note that when picking up an absentee ballot in person at the Clerk’s office, you may not pick up a ballot for another person. You may request that a ballot be mailed to someone else.
- ON-LINE: You may also request ballots on-line through the Secretary of State’s My Voter Page web portal.
- You may request that Justices-Of-The-Peace deliver a ballot to you prior to the election if you have a handicap or disability and are not able to vote outside your residence. Such requests need to be received by the day before the election at the latest. JP ballot delivery is not available on the day of the election, and ballots cannot be delivered outside Coventry Town limits.
All absentee ballots must be returned prior to the closing of the polls at 7:00 P.M. on Election Day to be counted. Those absentee ballots returned by mail must arrive at the Coventry Town Clerk’s office by close of the office the day before any election, or at the Post Office on election days. The Coventry Town Post Office box will be checked at 4PM on election days to assure ballots are received and counted. Absentee ballots may also be dropped in the election drop box to the left of the stairway of the Community Center. The drop boxes are available to receive ballots until 5:00 PM the day of elections. Absentee ballots may also be dropped off at the polls on election days, and must be received before the polls close at 7:00 PM. Absentee ballots received after election days will not be counted.
Any interest in helping at the poll’s election day? Contact me to learn more as your service to this Community is greatly appreciated and welcomed!!