Contact Info: David Gallup
Description: Every resident of and visitor to Coventry relies on the services of our Road Crew in some form each day. Our team of employees work daily to maintain our town’s infrastructure, including nearly 55 miles of town roads, our municipal buildings, parks, sidewalks, and trails.
Our responsibilities also include:
- Design and construction of public infrastructure projects.
- Capital and development projects.
- Planning and design of road construction and improvements.
- Inspection of public infrastructure for adherence to plans and specifications.
- Excess Weight Permitting.
- Local highway access and driveway permitting.
The Road Commissioner is an appointed position and has no independent authority but does assist the Select Board in overseeing and maintaining the town roads.